How to Look Gorgeous in Your Wedding Photos
Like your wedding vows, your wedding photos are meant to last forever. You can ensure those wedding photos capture you in all your bridal glory by following these foolproof steps to picture perfection.
1. Hire a professional wedding photographer to take your wedding photos. The best wedding photographer is the one who makes you feel comfortable at your very first pre-wedding meeting and who understands exactly how you want your wedding photos to look and feel. Make sure the photographer shows you actual wedding photos he or she has shot, and talk to the photographer’s former clients for feedback and referrals. Don’t rely on eager but inexperienced family members or friends who offer to save you money by snapping pix on your big day, but do let them take wedding photos of their own and send you the best shots as keepsakes.
2. Have your makeup done by a professional. A pro makeup artist knows how to utilize cosmetics to make your face look its best under specific photo conditions (harsh lights, flash, sunlight, etc.). Do a run through with your makeup artist before your wedding, and ensure you feel comfortable with your appearance. On your wedding day, have touch supplies at arm’s reach(oil blotting sheets, pressed powder, lipstick and lip liner, mirror, etc.). Last but not least, two words: waterproof mascara!
3. Practice in front of a mirror. Spend a few moments rehearsing your smiling and posing for your wedding photos. Closed or open mouth smile? The right side of your face or the left? You’ll understand your preferences and be ready for your closeup when the photographer points and shoots. Take some test shots with your cell phone.
4. Work your angles. Don’t face the camera head on, but rather tilt your body 45 degrees, even in portrait shots. Also, follow the lead of your favorite celebrities and slightly cross your legs when standing, placing the heel of your forward foot near the toe of your rear foot. This position will help to narrow your silhouette and avoid the dreaded “deer in the headlights” look.
5. Check before the click. Before any posed photo shoot on your wedding day (directly after your ceremony, cake cutting, etc.), check your hair and makeup, and make any necessary adjustments. Smooth down flyaway hairs, and blot or powder the shine off your nose and forehead. Our favorite pretty picture trick? After touching up your makeup, press your palms to your cheeks, hold for a moment, then release. This will give your face a natural, rosy glow and minimize the overdone look that sometimes mars wedding photos.
6. Relax. Before your photographer shoots, take some deep breaths and lower your shoulders (but keep your neck long and chin slightly down). Feel the love surrounding you, savor the moment’s joy, and smile.
These simple tips will help make your wedding photos extra special and precious.
Lily’s Bridal and Prom Boutique offers Wedding Gowns and Prom Dresses up to size 30. Lily’s Bridal offers the largest selection of exclusive designer Wedding Gowns and Prom Dresses in Maryland. Curvy and Plus Size Brides, you must see the best Wedding dress selection in Maryland.
Call 410.553.9336 to book your appointment, or visit us here.