How to Choose the Right Wedding Decorations
With so many choices for your wedding decorations, it is no wonder a bride can feel overwhelmed. Then questioned herself about the wedding decorations. Each wedding is unique, so you want your own style and personality to complement your dress and theme. Learning how to choose the right wedding decorations is an important step to ensuring your big day is one you’ll always cherish.
1. Choose a style or theme for your wedding to help you decide which decorations are appropriate. Use your wedding dress as a guide to formality and style. For example, in a large formal event, you may need more wedding decorations than you would for a small party on the beach.
2. Consider color schemes to help you tie everything together. Flowers, linens, bridesmaid dresses, cakes, and flowers should look like they belong together, even if they aren’t the same color. Use a wedding planner color wheel to help you decide on accent colors.
3. Look at the time of year in which your nuptials take place. Also, consider the time of day you are getting married. For example, an evening wedding in the winter may require darker colors, extra candles, and muted flowers, while an afternoon wedding in the summer may require light, airy colors, bright flowers and handheld fans for guests to cool themselves in the heat.
4. Pick your wedding decorations based on your location. For an indoor ceremony, you may have to look at candles, flowers, and pew decorations; for an outdoor ceremony, you may have to look more at arbors, paper lanterns, plants, and aisle runners. Look around and use the atmosphere surrounding you.
5. Rent items from a specialty store catering to weddings and parties. Items like tables and chairs, linens, and even table decorations are great to rent rather than purchase. Often the venue where you choose to hold your wedding may have closets full of decorations you can use for no additional cost.
6. Draw a map of your wedding area and label the specific areas for your decoration choices. When deciding how to choose the right decorations for your wedding, consider the alter, pews, gift and cake tables, bathrooms, guest book table, food and guest tables, chairs and chair backs, walls, doors, ceilings, and floors, where you may need to add color or hide architectural flaws and areas that don’t fit with your design plan.
Lily’s Bridal and Prom Boutique offers Wedding Gowns and Prom Dresses. Lily’s Bridal offers the largest selection of exclusive designer Wedding Gowns and Prom Dresses in Maryland. Curvy and Plus Size Brides, you must see the best Wedding dress selection in Maryland.