Your wedding day is the one day in the world when you want everything to go perfectly. You have spent months planning your big day and want it all to go right. You hope everything runs smoothly, avoid confusion, prevent panic, and be absolutely thrilled throughout your day. Use this wedding checklist and enlist the help you need to make it all possible. Now you can stop worrying, start scheduling, get organized, and be ready to make your wedding day perfect!
- Wake up and EAT breakfast. Be sure to have a healthy, high-energy breakfast, such as cereal, yogurt, fruit, and a bagel with cream cheese to get instant energy. Don’t skip meals. You will need your energy throughout the day, and eating well will help you avoid jitters and nervousness.
- Check a weather report to confirm what the day likely has in store. Have a backup plan if any adjustments need to be made. These plans should be established and discussed with the vendors.
- Get some light exercise – it will help you relieve stress and perk up your energy. Avoid strenuous exercise that day
- Shower and begin getting ready. Enjoy a relaxing soak in the tub if you prefer. When dressing, put your undergarments on under a robe if or wear a button-down shirt. So you can easily take off the button-down shirt when you are finished.
So more tips
- If you are changing at a hotel, ceremony site, or reception site, bring your pre-packed beauty and emergency bag, favorite music to listen to, and any other necessary items. If you have forgotten anything, now is the time to have one of your bridesmaids run a quick errand. Have your mother or maid of honor ensure your dress, veil, and other accessories arrive safely.
- Make sure that your maid of honor or other bridesmaid has their assignments to follow up with each vendor for transportation needs, flowers, food, cake, and any other day-of arrangements you have previously made. Have a contact list with the vendor’s phone numbers on it, and have them help you coordinate the day of having a wedding planner for the day.
- Have your bridesmaids arrive at the wedding site location with their dresses and accessories.
Additional tips to making your wedding day perfect
- If the stylists and artists you contracted with do hair and makeup, then your maid of honor should have her makeup and hair done first. Spend time with each of your bridesmaids as they take turns getting ready. This is your time to laugh, share stories, visit, pack for your honeymoon, or do anything else you and your bridesmaids have worked out in advance.
- Enjoy a light snack or lunch. You need the energy.
- Have your hair and makeup done. Be sure to give the stylist your complete attention. Now is not the time to eat, chat on your cell phone, or be involved in distracting conversations with friends or family. Enjoy this time to get ready. Relax. Your makeup and hair will soon be flawless.
- Have the photographer take pictures of you and your bridesmaids getting ready, looking into the mirror, and other candid shots of you interacting with your mother, maid of honor, bridesmaids, and other wedding party members.
Final tips to making your wedding day perfect
- Visit the ladies’ room one last time before you get dressed. Let your attendants help you with your wedding gown, shoes, jewelry, and gloves. Delight in how gorgeous you look and feel. Enjoy the moment.
- Don’t forget to sign your marriage license. Your maid of honor can sign as your witness.
- Enjoy the ceremony together as you exchange vows and make promises to each other.
- Let the party begin! Again, enlist the help of your bridesmaids or wedding coordinator to make the reception flow smoothly and enjoy your perfect day!