Believe it or not, marrying away from home used to be synonymous with eloping. While destination weddings look different now, they’re still a great way to ensure you have a wedding that is decidedly you.
- They’re Virtually Stress-Free
Watch any classic wedding movie, and you’ll soon understand why destination weddings are so popular. They are almost guaranteed to be simpler (and faster!) to plan than a traditional wedding and reception for two main reasons:
- Honeymoon resorts and cruise lines around the world have made it easier and more appealing to wed on-site. Many have full-time wedding coordinators on staff who are familiar with that country’s marriage license requirements and who offer wedding packages that take care of all your ceremony essentials (photographer, cake, minister, etc.). You step off the plane and sign the papers; they take care of the rest.
- If you’re not getting married at a resort, you can hire a stateside wedding planner who specializes in destination weddings, contact a wedding planner in the town you plan to wed, or start early and do it yourself. Either way, hire a planner and the logistics of pulling off a reception and party are off your plate.
- No Family Drama
The second reason destination weddings rule? No scene-stealing family drama. It’s great if the two families are in rapport, but if not, who needs all that negative stuff?
- They’re Cost Effective
The affordability of a destination wedding has many couples speeding off to the airport faster than you can say “I do.” For instance, a couple can fly to an all-inclusive resort, get married, and stay for a deluxe week long honeymoon for a few thousand dollars, including lodging, meals, drinks, and airfare. Compare that with your average 150-guest wedding costing about $29,000 — which can easily go up to more than $100,000. (Not to mention a few extra thousand for a honeymoon.)
- You Call The Shots
While formal weddings hold meaning for many couples, linking them to the traditions of their ancestors and culture, others want the experience to be unique, with a ceremony and location that reflect their true colors. Perhaps an exotic tropical paradise experience? A snowy mountain-peak ceremony? It’s all up to you.
- They’re Perfect for Second Marriages
Been-there-done-that couples who are getting married for the second or third time choose destination weddings because they’re simple and private. If either person or both have done the Hollywood-scale production before and want something quieter or less expensive this time around, it’s the right way to go.
- They’re a Once-in-a-Lifetime Reunion Opportunity
At a typical wedding, you’re on the run, meeting and greeting. Destination weddings are on vacation time. You’re usually required to arrive a few days early to fill out the paperwork, so by the time your wedding rolls around, you’ve had two to three days of fun with family and friends. How often do you have the opportunity to spend no-rush quality playtime with dear, far-flung friends? This is your chance.
Lily’s Bridal and Prom Boutique offering Wedding Gowns and Prom Dresses up to size 30. Lily’s Bridal offers the largest selection of exclusive designer Wedding Gowns and Prom Dresses in Maryland. Curvy and Plus Size Brides you must come see the best selection of Wedding Dresses in Maryland.